Although it is not the fastest way of getting from point A to point B, train traveling can be a rather soothing and interesting way of reaching your destination.
If you like trains, have a little free time on your hands, and would like to see some of America’s beautiful countryside, make sure you take the US railroad.
However, traveling by train does have its ups and downs, so here are some of the most important tips on traveling by train, according to Independent Traveler.
- Always read all the info on your ticket. Pay special attention to reservations, services and bonuses.
- Plan ahead and be prepared to deal with cancellations and delays.
- If you are traveling during the night, you will need a sleeper car. Be sure to make all the necessary reservations in advance.
- Dress comfortably.
- Inquire about the hours of the dining car. Schedule your meals accordingly.
- Never leave your luggage unattended.
- If sleeping on a train, make sure you keep your valuables in a concealed money belt.
- Earplugs are useful if you want to get a good night’s sleep.
And for the end, one bonus tip from us – Make sure you choo-choo-choose an awesome traveling companion.